Notice: The Alexandria DCHS Offices are moving next month
Please note that the Alexandria Department of Community & Human Services (DCHS) offices are moving locations.
During 2023, nearly all DCHS programs and services will move to a new location in the West End of the city at 4850 Mark Center Drive. Information about the specific dates that program locations will change will be shared with clients and the community as they become available.
1900 N. BEAUREGARD STREET / WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1
- Workforce Development Center (WDC) | 703.746.5940
Early Childhood Division | 703.746.5437
- Center for Alexandria’s Children (CAC) | 703.746.6008
6101 STEVENSON AVENUE / THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 2
- Aging and Adult Services | 703.746.5999
- Alexandria Vocational Services | 703.746.3333
- Developmental Disability Case Management | 703.746.3333
*Note- The Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Day Support Program is not moving.
Adult Protective Services Hotline | 703.746.5778
Report incidents of abuse, neglect or exploitation of an Adult to 703.746.5778 (Mon- Fri 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.) or after hours: 1.888.832.3858. TTY: Virginia Relay 711
2525 MOUNT VERNON AVENUE / FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 3
SEE CLIENT SERVICES BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Child Welfare | 703.746.5757
- Community Services | 703.746.5901
- Customer Relations | 703.746.5700
- Eligibility Programs | 703.746.5801
Child Protective Services Hotline | 703.746.5800
If a child is in immediate danger, call 911 for police assistance. Any concerned resident who suspects that a child is abused or neglected should call the City of Alexandria CPS Hotline at 703.746.5800, or the Virginia Hot Line at 1.800.552.7096 (after 4:30 p.m.).
720 NORTH SAINT ASAPH STREET 4TH FL / WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 8
- Administrative Offices / CSB | 703.746.3400
720 NORTH SAINT ASAPH STREET 2ND AND 3RD FLOORS / TO BE DETERMINED
- Emergency Services | 703.746.3401
- MH/ID/SA Intake | 703.746.3535
- Outpatient Mental Health | 703.746.3400
- Neighborhood Health | 703.535.5568
123 N PITT SUITE 225 / FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 10
- Alexandria Campaign on Adolescent Pregnancy (ACAP)| 703.746.3130
- School-Age Youth Development | 703.746.3436
- Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition of Alexandria (SAPCA) | 703.746.3670
*Note- The Domestic Violence Program and Sexual Assault Program are not moving.
421 KING STREET / MONDAY, FEBRUARY 13
- Permit Center, City Finance Department and Clerk of Court
4480 KING STREET (EXCEPT DENTAL CLINIC) / WEDNESDAY, MARCH 1
- Child Assessment and Treatment Center | 703.838.4708
- Parent Infant Education (PIE) Program | 703.746.3350
- Residential Services Administrative Offices | 703.746.3500
- TRAILS (TRansitioning Adults Into Living Successfully) | 703.746.3441
- West End Wellness Center (formerly Clubhouse) | 703.746.3456
2355 Mill Road / TO BE DETERMINED
- Medication Assisted Treatment (Opioid Tx)
- Substance Use Outpatient
* As the time it takes to move will vary, we may provide services in alternative formats or locations. Contact your program service provider about when the program will open fully at 4850.