Resident of the Year Awards at the ARHA Appreciation Luncheon
ARHA held an Appreciation Luncheon in December 2018, where CEO Keith Pettigrew presented our first Resident of the Year Awards to Henrietta Johnson and Geraldine Spell for their dedicated service and commitment to making a difference in the community. Other awards were given to the following individuals or organizations:
- Kevin Brown - Employee of the Year, in recognition for his exemplary service, hard work, and willingness to go above and beyond in service to our mission;
- Tony Menjivar, Jonathan Griffin, Aaron Taliaferro, Carl Wortham, and Eric Barnes– Crystal Gem Award, in recognition for their honorable and dedicated service to ARHA Residents;
- Alexandria Police Department and Alexandria Fire Department – Partnership Award, in recognition for their dedication to protecting and keeping ARHA Residents safe;
- Charles Houston Recreation Center – Partnership Plaque, for their many years of devoted partnership and spirit of collaboration to serving the community;
- KaBOOM! – Partnership Award, in recognition for their commitment to making sure play matters and that all kids have a safe place to play; and
- Willie F. Bailey, Sr. – Community Champion Award, honoring a lifetime of service and being there for people in need.