Section 3 Opportunities
Who are Section 3 residents?
Section 3 residents are:
- Public housing residents
- Low and very-low income persons who live in the metropolitan area or Non-metropolitan County where a HUD-assisted project for housing or community development is located.
Determining Income Levels
- Low income is defined as 80% or below the median income of that area
- Very low income is defined as 50% or below the median income of that area.
- Median incomes can be found using the American Fact Finder.
- That is at least 51 percent or more owned by Section 3 residents,
- Whose permanent, full-time employees include persons, at least 30 percent of whom are currently Section 3 residents, or within three years of the date of first employment with the business concern were Section 3 residents, or
- That provides evidence of a commitment to subcontract in excess of 25 percent of the dollar award of all subcontracts to be awarded to a Section 3 business concern.
Types of Opportunities:
- Job training
How can individuals and businesses find out more about Section 3?
Contact the Alexandria Redevelopment and Housing Authority Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org