Important Information Regarding Request For Reasonable Accommodation For Assistance With Online Application
Before requesting a reasonable accommodation for assistance with submitting an application to ARHA’s waiting lists please be aware of the following:
1. Any computer, tablet or cell phone that has internet access can be used to fill out an ARHA waiting list application online.
2. ARHA is accepting request for reasonable accommodation starting December 21st, 2020 until January 10th, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
3. Placement on the waiting list is determined by preference points, then date and time the application is submitted. Please be aware that requests for reasonable accommodation will be assessed on a first come, first serve basis. Each request must be carefully reviewed and may require care provider verification. Therefore, ARHA cannot guarantee that your request will be reviewed, accepted, or denied before the closing of the waiting list at 11:59 p.m. EST on January 13th, 2021. If your request is reviewed and accepted after the waiting list is closed, your application will still be added to the waiting list(s) but, it may have a date later than January 13th, 2021.
4. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic the safety of applicants and ARHA staff must be considered. Therefore, assistance with submitting a waiting list application will be provided utilizing various methods. Once a request is accepted, a telephone meeting will be scheduled to determine the best method of assistance for the applicant which may include, filling out the application over the phone, or an office visit.
5. To verify disability, a copy of one of the following may be used: Social Security Administration benefit statement letter for SSI/SS/SSDI. Recent letter from Doctor (with contact information), stating applicant is disabled.
If your request for reasonable accommodation is denied or is found to be incomplete (and additional time may be needed), it is recommended that you submit a waiting list application online before the waiting lists closes on January 13, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
Click here to access reasonable accommodation request form. Once finished, you can click the submit button to send it to firstname.lastname@example.org (**Please note: we recommend downloading the form to your computer in order to submit it**)
If you have questions about requesting a reasonable accommodation for assistance with submitting an application please contact ARHA at: email@example.com (please put Reasonable Accommodation in the subject field of email) or call Jermaine Clemmonds at 703-549-7115 ext. 174.